"...my poor heart is sentimental....not made of wood"

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Too much?

So, I suppose the most exciting thing that’s happened over the past few days of sunshine and beach going has been the couple I met at a restaurant a few nights ago. They invited me over for dinner the next night to meet their 22 year old daughter. Well I went to dinner slightly nervous hoping I didn’t get kidnapped or worse. But no, instead they had an amazing house with an amazing porch that overlooked the water and the beach and far mountains. Their house is high up a hill and pretty much was just kickass. Dinner was wonderful venison patties, freshly cooked awesome turkey and flank steak. Plus two really delicious salads and some REALLY nice wine. I felt pretty guilty drinking this family's , ahem, nice wine. But they were so friendly. They have four daughters 22 year old being the oldest. So I had a wonderfully pleasant evening and then went home. Well the next morning I get a call on my mobile from the 22 year old daughter asking if I'd like to go to lunch with her at a cafe she has been meaning to try. Of course I say yes and our lunch date turns into lunch, then wandering around an art gallery and fresh fruit ice cream on a pier, plus a swim at a cool beach in the area, to a beer at this outdoor pub right on the water to take out thai food with a nice pinot noir from their house and eating and drinking and watching the sunset on the beach to watching all the stars come out. It was a great day. But I'm pretty tired today. The family is having roast for dinner tonight and I've been invited. It's kinda full on part of the family already I guess. Heh. But they are giving me a ride all the way down to Christchurch tomorrow, putting me up for the night and then taking me down to my destination near Timaru on Friday. REALLY nice. So it's kind of intense, but in two days I'll be gone gone. and plus, I would have been just killing time by myself here and having to spend money. It's nice having really nice meals and wine and company before I go serve fresh fruit ice cream and food, wine and music festivals for my final two weeks in New Zealand. Rough life eh?

But I guess that’s pretty much all the recent events. I read another book. It was alright. I also tried putting together all my travel photos into a cool slideshow video DVD disc thing which was fun to do. Stroll down memory lane if you will. But I still have photos to take etc so obviously it’s not finished. The hostel was kind enough to move me into a room by myself surrounded with windows which is just fantastic. So appreciative. I’m still really excited to come home.

3 comments:

  1. umm, okay, Sean, you are the biggest damn tease in the world. YOU GUYS MADE OUT, RIGHT????

    ReplyDelete
  2. DO NOT READ AGAIN TO CARTHAGE. It is the precise literary equivalent of Rocky II. Actually, its worse because did anyone really hold out hope that Sylvester Stallone could produce another decent work?

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah dude. you skimped on the juicy details. but i understand. gentleman never tells and all that good stuff. plus like you said, some things need to be told in person. i trust you to follow through on that

    ReplyDelete