"...my poor heart is sentimental....not made of wood"

Monday, February 25, 2008

City of Angels.

So. I'm back. And well, it feels good to be back. And for the first while I thought I wasn't really jet lagged. But, I think maybe I am. Well, actually I can't tell because I think I still am which is close to a week, so I think that's ridiculous. I'm not jet lagged, I think, I'm just not quite....exactly.

It's been an intense jump back into socializing on a regular basis. And it's actually a REALLY good thing that most people have jobs and school during the day because I'm so easily overstimulated with people and socialness and whatnot that I kind of just check out. I feel bad for some people whom I've simply shut down on. I've definitely had a few conversations that I just couldn't finish and I sort of just stopped talking and looked off in the distance in a daze. True story. It's been really difficult to focus on a group conversation for a long period of time. Which, really is kinda funny. That your social skills can go out of practice. Isn't it interesting how much we adapt? So, it's been fun for others to adjust to me and well, I'm not sure if I've really tried to adjust back? Maybe?

I haven't quite reached real social interaction though. Like with my friends. It's strange...I think I still view my friends as far away people that I know and love and now that they're here, when they move act and say things, they make me laugh and feel good because it corresponds closely with my memory of them, but they've remained flat 'characters' I haven't been able to see them as dynamic people again, like, you know? They still feel like constructs in my mind.

So it's nice that I can still be alone most of the day. Because I'm much more comfortable by myself with nothing to do than with other people with stuff to do. So that's how I think I'm jetlagged. But also. My brain has just not been working. I can't think clearly, I can't plan accurately, and I can't remember ANYthing, but that's not something that new.

I got back into driving on the right hand side of the road pretty well though. Sometimes I still want to turn into the left lane, but I think I have it under control. What else is new?

Oh. This is embarrassing but makes sense. Somehow. Well, ok, I started watching TV because my good friend Willy Leer was on it. Running. And so I watched the National Indoor Championships, but then, since EP was over I ended up watching TV with the joker for 11 hours. Yeah. 11 hours of TV watching. Annnnnnnnnd...I think I'm done. Because we made sure it was 11 hours of complete shit TV. Ending, of course, with Paradise Hotel 2 on a channel I didn't know existed: Fox Reality. So I made some guacamole and we had corn chips and Domino's Pizza and watched shit TV for way too long. America, Fuck Yeah. Haven't done that.......well ever really. but I think my insatiable desire for shitty food and TV has been sated. Hah.

The weather also, has been cold, overcast, and raining. In LA. Which, well. whatever, I'm cool with it. And actually, winter is beautiful in LA, absolutely beautiful. I missed LA SO much and it has not disappointed. I went for a run and hacked up both my lungs, the reason for which I am going to ascribe to the shitty air and not my severe lack of that elusive state of being called "shape".

I bought my first suit. And it makes me look damn good. But whatevs.

Sigh, I don't know what more to say. I. I'm just really enjoying being young. haha, and the theme for this year really has been shaking my head and laughing. What is one supposed to do? Life is ridiculous. And being human is kinda fun. I think it's pretty clear that I'm pretty happy.

1 comment:

  1. welcome back! let's meet up in LA once you have regained your social skills. i'm here, and the weather is much improved!

    ReplyDelete