"...my poor heart is sentimental....not made of wood"

Thursday, February 28, 2008

for Zeke Pfeifer.

There is a new jazz bar/lounge called the Hip Kitty in the new part of the Village in Claremont. Will and EP and I decided to get dressed up classy and go to the wine bar that Elliot is quite the regular at. So we did, and it was lovely. We had a nice Cabernet Sauvignon. but then we decided to hit up the jazz lounge. Thankfully we were in nice enough attire for the 'hip' joint. They played some nice jazz, Will was slightly unimpressed. I enjoyed listening to the live music, because it's certainly not something I do every day. The highlight: the woman from the table next to us getting up and singing. A couple traditional songs and then an improvised one that included her pointing at me and singing something to the effect of "I see you there, drinking your wine, you lookin damn good, I want to meet your mama and your poppa" it was, pretty much hilarious. And then we went to Pub and sketched it up as alums. I mean, basically a typical Wednesday night. more adventures to come, with better descriptions when I'm not so "just woke up from a late night"

1 comment:

  1. I feel so honored. I don't even have words to express my feelings.

    And thank you---the first adventure in America that didn't involve Domino's Pizza and television was damn satisfying.

    ReplyDelete