"...my poor heart is sentimental....not made of wood"

Saturday, December 8, 2007

Je suis muy fatigo.

So, day two up at the grundle of dawn. Again though, woke up just minutes prior to my alarm. Yeah, I'm that cool. Today, i woke a bit more slowly though. Yeah, I suppose yesterday was a bit tiring, considering, oh, I decided on my afternoon "off" I would bike 10 km to the Queen Charlotte Track (sweet ass hiking trail through Marlborough Sounds) and go for a run. So yeah, ended up going for like a 13km run and then had to bike the 10 km back home. I don't know where I got the energy. Haha, and sadly, on the way back (I did an out and back since the Track takes 3 days to hike) I came across either a high school team or perhaps it was the Outward Bound School that is situated at the start of the track, but either way, some younger coeds were huffin and puffin their way along the track. The sad part was that they happened to be going the same direction as I was. Now I can't say I'm proud of this, but....I toasted em. I felt like an old man feeling the racing spirit again after a long haitus...that's also the sad part I guess.

So today with my afternoon "off" I think I'll skip a monstrous workout and take a monstrous nap instead, then maybe entertain a little workout. The abs I did yesterday too have been pretty rough on me today. i just haven't worked out in a really long time, like, legitmately worked out. Ughhh. but I suppose not strangely enough, the 6 am schedule slave drivin' routine really makes it easier for me to get my workout shit done. It's a different story when you are sunbathing on a deck overlooking the ocean and eating wonderful food and coffee...then it's much more difficult to go run. Especially when everyone around you calls you jock and fitness freak and can't stand your sweatshop made running shoes or running hat. It's a bit tough to drag your ass out the door. But for the early risers work til you drop crew. Going for a run is practically expected, phew.

nothing funny has happened, like, me accidentally digging up a 100 dollar plant or anything. Although, i did have to mow this gigantic lawn at my last place and since the property was on a huge steep hill, I almost died, because I couldn't lift the whole mower. But that's not really exciting. I am still struggling to finish Faust part 2. In my opinion, its really boring, but that's because I'm missing almost the whole allegory I think. I was never any good with poetry. Anywho, I guess I'll just start reading Once a Runner again. Hah!

No comments:

Post a Comment