"...my poor heart is sentimental....not made of wood"

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

My Deepest Apologies

I am so so so sorry for not having written in so long. In was a deadly combination of being ridiculously productive and crippling depressed unproductive. Needless to say, it's been an up and down past, what? 5 days? Friday to Wednesday...I don't feel like counting. Hahha.

Let's begin with my last post. well, really, on Saturday, the day after my last post. Well, we went out Friday night with some friends and had a good release. It was fun to go out with somebody in addition to Brian. Since Brian and I have been living quite closely for oh say, 2 plus months now when we go out, we ,ah , don't have much to talk about. We normally just order a pint, and sit quietly drinking them looking around at shit. Kind of pathetic. So it was nice to go out with people. But that left the glorious Saturday to be enjoyed semi-hungover and taking it easy. Oh, well you need a break sometimes right?

Then Sunday it was miraculously clear. We stayed in Saturday night, opting not to go out. We actually ended up going to bed rather early. Waking up lazily on Sunday to another clear day seemed like we had been blessed. But did we take advantage? No. We enjoyed the day again, and by enjoyed, I mean didn't do anything, not like we actually felt very positive. Although I again made the observation how intimately our emotions are linked to weather. No wonder humans create artificial weather environments indoor, like warm and dry all the time. It allows us to distance our emotional mood from what the weather is doing. You decide whether this is a healthy thing or not. Here, it seems like a healthy thing, since the weather is subconciously telling you to kill yourself. Kidding, but seriously.

We woke Monday morning to rain. Great, we wasted a clear weekend. We were quite pissy and seemed to be at each other's throats. Brian went into town for breakfast without me (good call) and I just played with the fire. Rain. Damn it. And after such a nice weekend of nothing. We decided, in the immortal words of the Dude (cover your ears), "Fuck it" So we hopped the bus to Derry (in Northern Ireland) and decided to skip town a bit. We walked aimlessly around Derry (a pretty cool small city with some crazy history) I forgot my camera (oops, I guess) and once it was more than apparent that this change in scenery was not helping our moods, we jumped on the bus headed back. It was clear and sunny the whole bus ride back. Fuck. Then it started raining when we got off the bus. Damn. I seriously considered checking into the local hostel for the night, I was really upset. Brian didn't seem to be fairing much better, but refused to consider paying for a hostel. So we spent the night in separate rooms. But before we went to bed, we took a clear look at what was going on....

We came to the conclusion that we were in such horrible horrendous, god awful moods because we hadn't done shit. So we vowed, rain or shine, that Tuesday, we would get some stuff done. Well, the gods heard our catty comments of the last four days and opened the heavens to us on Tuesday, it was clear, and bright, and freezing cold, and wonderful the WHOLE day. AND! We actually worked from about 12 30 to 8pm that night. We got a CRAP-ton done. AND! Our moods are about a gazillion times better. We were right. It was the fact that we hadn't accomplished anything that made us unbelievably moody.

We built a wall. Score! We cemented and sealed the roof we have up and the tops of the walls, thus rendering our little room WAY more airtight and less prone to drafts and much much warmer. Thank the heavens. And this morning, we got up way early. Are about an hour ahead of schedule with our in town errands and it's gloriously clear again. We are cruising. The house goes up in no-time when we actually get work done. And we're actually jovial with each other again. What a great sign. So all is well in Eire at the moment.

A nice image for all of you skeptics, heck not even skeptics, but fellow humans who know me. Get a load of this. I don't think anyone, (not even me) could believe the stage I'm at right now. Yesterday, Sean McCarron, yeah, that guy you know, actually, got down with a small toilet brush and scrubbed caked manure off a brick wall, with flecks of it flying everywhere, including all over his face (without a complaint!) and then! proceeded to mix concrete (by hand, mind you) and mortared cinder blocks together to fortify one wall. I'd just like to say, never in my life, did I expect to be on my hands and knees, scrubbing furiously with a tiny brush at a cinder block wall, trying to get manure off and not batting an eye as it flies all over me. Prisoner? nope, Soldier? nope, just one of those guys. (Can you tell I'm proud of myself?)

So Today is wednesday and I need to go get going on another full day's worth of work. Lots more cementing to do. Hopefully, by the time we have some guests, we'll have an airtight, bedroom and kitchen/living room. Amazing. I think that was all I wanted to share. I've got the signal to wrap up here, so I'm panicking and can't remember what else if anything I needed to share...

I guess I'll have to save it for another time. Again, I'm so sorry I haven't written in a while. I know that once you check and there's nothing new you just sort of stop checking, but dont! It won't happen again, I promise. Ok. Great. Bye.

1 comment: