"...my poor heart is sentimental....not made of wood"

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

A Wonderful Morning

***The previous post was actually Sunday's entry, but the library is closed Sundays and Mondays. Monday was boring so no post. ***


This morning has been just about perfect. I woke reluctantly and to it raining even though the forecast was for a dry spell. However, I didn’t wake with the same petulant despair as I had a few weeks ago when I heard rain. Changing quickly into my running clothes without leaving my sleeping bag and trying not to wake Brian, I slipped out of the tent. We spread a good deal of foundation gravel all around the yard to aid in drainage and it makes a huge difference. I strode across the freshly laid gravel and into the kitchen where I brushed my teeth and pounded some water (I was really dehydrated). Sitting in my new easy chair and rubbing my incubated skin I tried to work up the courage to venture outdoors. Arms tucked tightly up in my shoulders and hands reaching around my sides gripping them for warmth I walked to the end of the driveway and with a sliver of hesitation broke into a stiff jaunt.

Today I turned left. All my previous runs have been to the right of our little lane but today I turned left. Going up the breagh, and going straight through the yield sign takes you down into a gorgeous valley floor. I have named my first run here because it was so obvious this morning. Running along that valley floor I was running alongside a towering forest of pine trees. I have decided to name this Freeman Forest. After passing Freeman forest you can either take a left and loop back toward home or go out into the great wide open to the right. Feeling as I did this morning I turned left and decided to explore another day. I have a few other ideas for my other runs but none good enough to deserve the namesakes. This run however was different.

Returning home to Brian still fast asleep in the tent, I washed a few dishes started a fire and took a long luxurious stretch in front of it. Pulling our makeshift door closed I put the kettle on and clicked my Norah Jones playlist. Money. And at that, I poured myself a nice glass of fresh OJ and sat down in front of the fire. Perfect in my opinion.

But it gets even better. In the middle of writing this here entry the Postman arrives and what does he have to deliver? None other than a beautiful package from my dear Sweet Nanny, that made this morning better than Christmas (except for the lack of family). Three beautiful wonderful divine DVDs were in that package. It’s going to be a slow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment