"...my poor heart is sentimental....not made of wood"

Sunday, October 7, 2007

Busy Busy Busy

So, I said I wouldn't do it again, but that apparently proved to be untrue. I'm sorry. But Brian's parents arrived and not only put us up in a hotel (unbelievably nice) but also took us traveling on Sunday. Excellent, since we haven't really traveled outside of a 5 mile radius from our house. So we went to see Giant's Causeway, a World Heritage Site, which was really really cool. It was great to just sit on the rocks (as amazing as they were) and just watch, listen and smell the surf break. We have the Lough right here and it's the ocean, but its not THE ocean, which I miss. But in addition, to Plunkett's arrival and departure, we put up the second quarter of the roof and so we now have half the house re-roofed. This is great. It's going to be the spare bedroom eventually, but it will become the main bedroom soon. as soon as we get beds that is. Awesome.

It's been crazy the whirlwind which has been the last few days. i am exhausted, exhausted exhausted. And let's be honest. Anxiously awaiting my vacation that is fast approaching with a purveyor of the good life, straight from Bay Area. i want to stay here forever and finish this house but I also want to leave right now. I'm exploring all my options. i guess I could elaborate more on what's been going on, but I just can't think of anything important. I haven't entertained any big notions lately, mainly because I've been pretty absorbed in my tasks here and too tired to do anything but pass out when they are completed. But I think this coming week will give me plenty of time to do some thinking/reflection, while continuing to shape up the house before another visitor. Drop me a line and take care.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, what a great kid you are. Who would have imagined Sean McCarron would have chosen a rat for a roommate (no, I don't mean Brian - I mean the real furry four legged animal).

    Yes, Iowa was forty degrees below on occasion and you were forced to live there but given the choice.....

    You have definitely forced yourself outside of your comfort zone - you get lots of credit for that.

    ReplyDelete