"...my poor heart is sentimental....not made of wood"

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Two Plus Jake's a Crowd

So I have been rejoined by my hip Global health Dubliner and my wayward traveling companion and we are setting again ourselves to the task of doing something to this house. How nice it is to have company again.

I finished the book I was reading. and it was quite good. There's nothing like a good sad story. I can't wait til the arrival of my Norweigan Wood book...it's fantastic.

Not really much to report. Yesterday was normal I suppose, did some work, putzed around. it was a friday, and the weather wasn't that great. i was dismayed that the local supermarket carried only cheddar, or slices of gouda...sigh. I also could use a kitchen, proper kitchen. hmmm. my tan is completely gone which also is terrific and I haven't showered all week. but, on the positive side....i'm not dead I guess. hah.

gosh i'm boring. i almost caught a rat yesterday, can't say I was trying too hard, but I did get really pissed off at it. and had it trapped in a bag for a while. but i couldn't really bring myself to do anything to it. i listened to some music. i'm getting bored of my music, but that does not mean i'll attempt the radio again.

i don't know what to do with the next 2 years of my life.

2 comments:

  1. Ah you're just not yourself.

    Rat trapped in the bag. RAT TRAPPED IN THE BAG!! Perfect for a bloated morose metaphor and you passed it up!

    Get your act together or I'm going back to internet poker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, anonymous you just don't have all the facts. Sean is just trying to reconcile his feelings - it will take him a little while to work through this and then he'll emerge with an epiphany.

    Sean, I can save you the trouble - pack up and head south. It is a better fit for you. Your writing will suffer but you'll get your tan back.

    And about Norweigan Wood - glad you said to skip the books because it isn't included. I thought you're morose enough so I chose some other random books for you. You'll want to hate them but you'll read them anyway.

    I love you.

    ReplyDelete