"...my poor heart is sentimental....not made of wood"

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Cusp: what a funny word.

Today's word is cusp. Because Brian and I are on it. the one between our shack becoming a partial home. one might call it...a halfway house.

we have been plastering walls and putting in doorframes, hanging doors, drilling handles and locks into said doors and really making this place not bad...I bought a medium sized wardrobe for the spare bedroom, we've got a couple beds in waiting and we're experimenting with ceiling designs.

As for the kitchen, it's the next room to get sealed up where the stove will then truly keep a warm hearth. We may even splurge and find a few chairs and a small coffee (ahem, quarters) table. I am so impressed and excited with the house has done such a turn around. The plaster and doors make all the difference. We actually have one room that locks! As my cousin Ryan says (in a ridiculous french accent) "Can you eemagine?"

It is also a week countdown to the arrival of the Messiah. Score. So, I'll keep this short and sweet, I uploaded some pictures (as you all undoubtedly saw) to tide you all over until a longer report comes. And I'm sure you're all as anxious to see the pictures of the new house as I am to post them. Everyone. Have a good weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, ive been quoted. can you imagine? (in my ridiculous accent). oh and sean youll be very happy to know that ive turned everyone at school onto interstella and mitch hedberg. youd be proud

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, come on - you are just going through the motions now. Where is the Sean we know and love? Is this the beginning of the end? I would have hoped you would let us down lightly.

    ReplyDelete