"...my poor heart is sentimental....not made of wood"

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Threes a Crowd

Hello all, back.

So Dublin was great. It was a great thing to get away for a while. On the long bus ride back I was actually getting really excited to get back to Buncrana and my sleeping bag...weird? But we're back and the furry boys have moved in with us (rats). So that's cool. But I can't say I care that much, I'd rather live with them than be a Nazi about food sequestration with myself. So yeah. Everybody's welcome, birds, rats, spiders, earwigs, Plunkett. Hahah.

Hanging out with Jake (he and his roomate threw a 'Welcome to America' party) was great and really great to go explore the city with people who actually grew up there. Well we didn't really explore the city with them, but we did hang out with them at the party and then watched the Rugby World Cup game (Ireland needs some help (only slightly less so than America, sheesh)) France must have genetically engineered players (they are unbelievably large specimens of the human race). And Argentina's not too shabby either. Anyway, we saw the National Gallery on the last day to kill time before the bus departed. It was great, I had been missing art, so so much. It was great to walk around and well, I guess jump back into a world I'm more familiar with. It was nice. So yeah. I really really love Velasquez. Baller.

But we're back here and the weather has become fickle again. Bummer but with renewed vigor we plan on pushing through. Its funny to observe how excited, giddy and childlike Brian and I are showing Adam our home. Its funny to have such a sense of pride about the place. But I guess I had already identified a desire to show my old world my new world. Welp, I guess I was right on there. Let's see what else?

The visa issue is still not settled, although we learned a bit more about it. I may not be able to stay as long as I thought...so the house may take a raincheck until the summer again. Which, isn't the worst thing. Hah. I hear Los Angeles is nice this time of year...

Alright, so I fail at being interesting, updating and informative. Damn. I am having difficulty deciding what to do next with my life. I am ready to go home, I'm ready to try something new and I suppose I'd be ready to stay here a bit longer. But what to do? There's a lot of things I'd like to do before going back across the Atlantic. Who knows...but I need to decide fairly soon. Bummer. I miss my team and my Claremont a lot. But I'm not sure it's the place for me anymore. Got to let go at some point right? But it'd be nice to take little tastes every now and then of the past, no?

Dublin's a cool city. But I'd need to spend more time there. The green space is really well done in the city too. I was impressed. Really great parks. Alright, well I'm being kind of lame. So I'll check in laterrrrr.

No comments:

Post a Comment